Download MHA Schools Re-opening Guideline PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
MHA Schools Re-opening Guideline
The government of India is following a phase-wise unlocking of activities. In days to come, this would also involve partial resumption of activities in schools for students of classes 9th to 12th on a voluntary basis, for taking guidance from their teachers. This would be allowed from 21st September 2020.
This SOP outlines various generic precautionary measures to be adopted in addition to specific measures to be taken when schools are permitting students (for 9th to 12th class) in the specific context detailed at para-1 above, to prevent the spread of COVID-19. All States/UTs are expected to comply with the COVID-19 related guidelines issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Generic Preventive Measures
These measures need to be observed by all (teachers, employees, and students) in these places at all times:
- The physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as far as feasible.
- Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory.
- Frequent handwashing with soap (for at least 40-60 seconds) even when hands are not visibly dirty. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers (for at least 20 seconds) can be done wherever feasible.
- Respiratory etiquettes to be strictly followed. This involves the strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly.
- Self-monitoring of health by all and reporting any illness at the earliest.
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
- ii. Installation & use of the Aarogya Setu App may be advised wherever feasible.
All schools (with classes IX to XII) shall specifically ensure the following arrangements
- Online/distance learning shall continue to be permitted and shall be encouraged.
- Students of class 9th to 12th shall be permitted to visit their school on a voluntary basis for taking guidance from their teachers. This will be subject to the written consent of their parents/guardians. Such visits and teacher-student interaction must be organized in a staggered manner
Before opening up the school
- School outside the containment zones only shall be allowed to open. Further, students, teachers, and employees living in containment zones will not be allowed to attend school. Students, teachers, and employees shall also be advised not to visit areas falling within containment zones.
- Prior to resumption of activities, all work areas intended for teaching/demonstrations, etc., including laboratories, other common utility areas shall be sanitized with 1% sodium hypochlorite solution, with particular attention to frequently touched surfaces.
- Schools that were used as quarantine centers will be properly sanitized and deep cleaned before partial functioning is resumed. Guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare for disinfection of common public places including offices may be referred to in this regard)
- The concerned teaching and non-teaching employees (up to 50 % of the strength) may be called to schools for online teaching/tele-counseling and related work.
- Students from class 9th to 12th will have the option of attending the classes remotely/virtually or physically only on a voluntary basis for guidance from their teachers subject to written permission of parent/guardian.
- Instead of biometric attendance alternate arrangements for contactless attendance shall be made by the school administration.
- At all times, the teachers and students shall maintain a physical distancing of 6 feet apart, wherever feasible. Scheduling of activities and seating plans shall be made accordingly.
- Ensure handwashing facilities along with the provision of soap.
- For ensuring queue management, inside and outside the premises, specific markings on the floor with a gap of 6 feet may be made. Similarly, physical distancing shall also be maintained in staff rooms, office areas (including reception area), and other places (mess, libraries, cafeterias, etc.)
- Weather permitting, outdoor spaces may be utilized for conducting teacher-student interactions, keeping in view the safety and security of students and physical distancing protocols.
- Assemblies, sports, and events that can lead to overcrowding are strictly prohibited.
- The school should display State helpline numbers and also numbers of local health authorities etc. to teachers /students/employees to contact in case of any emergency.
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which emphasizes that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30o C, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%, intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be adequate.
- Lockers of students will remain in use, as long as physical distancing and regular disinfection is maintained.
For more details download the MHA Schools Re-opening Guideline in PDF format form the official website as link given below.