Maharashtra Domicile Certificate Application Form PDF
A domicile certificate is a document that certifies a person’s residential status in a particular state. The certificate is used to avail of various services provided by the Government such as admissions, job placements, and the likes of it. This article explains the procedure to obtain a domicile certificate in the State of Maharashtra.
Any person from the State of Maharashtra could obtain this certificate, provided that he or she is a resident in the State for the last 15 years.
- Certificate of age proof such as birth certificate, school certificate, etc
- Document portraying the address such as ration card or driving license
- Proof of residence
- Self-declaration form
- Two photographs of Voter ID or College or University ID
- Duly filled application form
- Proof of identity
- Photocopies of all documents duly attested by a government official
- An affidavit from tehsil or court
- As is the case with any application procedure, the applicant needs to obtain an application form, either through online means or from the Sub-Divisional Magistrate’s office, Tehsildar’s office, or District collector’s office.
- After obtaining the same, the applicant needs to fill in the details requested in the form.
- The form, along with the essential documents (as have been specified above) must be attached to the application, and the same must be submitted to the Setu Centre of Maharashtra.
- After completing the above procedures, the applicant would receive the certificate within 30 days. The applicant must remit a fee of Rs.50 for the same. Once received, the certificate would be valid for the entire lifetime of the recipient.
In case of any queries, the applicant may approach any of the following offices:
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate’s office
- Tehsildar’s office
- District Collector’s office