Download List of Unani Colleges/Hospitals in India PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
List of Unani Colleges/Hospitals in India
There are 56 Unani colleges having the facility of Unani hospitals where Unani medicine is taught across the country including Odisha. As public health is State subject, setting up of Unani hospitals in the country including Jehanabad in Bihar comes under the purview respective State/UT Governments. However, under Centrally Sponsored Scheme of National AYUSH Mission (NAM), there is a provision for setting up of upto 50 bedded integrated AYUSH hospital including system of Unani and grant-in-aid is provided to State/UT Governments as per the proposals received through their State Annual Action Plans (SAAPs). Under NAM, no such proposal has been received through SAAP for setting up of Unani hospital at Jehanabad in Bihar.
Government of India is implementing National AYUSH Mission in the country for promotion and development of AYUSH systems including Unani system. The National AYUSH Mission inter-alia makes provision for the following: –
- Co-location of AYUSH facilities at Primary Health Centers (PHCs), Community Health Centers (CHCs) and Districts Hospitals (DHs) including Unani system of medicine.
- Up gradation of exclusive State Government AYUSH Hospitals and Dispensaries including Unani system of medicine.
- Setting up of up to 50 bedded integrated AYUSH Hospital including Unani system of medicine.
- Enhancement of State Government Under-Graduate and post-Graduate Educational Institutions including Unani system of medicine.
- Setting up of new State Government AYUSH Educational Institutions including Unani system of medicine in the State where it is not available.
- State/UT Governments may avail eligible financial assistance by projecting the same through State Annual Action Plan (SAAP) as per NAM guidelines.
|S. No.||State/UT Governments||No. of Unani Colleges|
|5||Jammu and Kashmir||3|