International Yoga Day 2022 Protocol PDF
Yoga is essentially a spiritual discipline based on an extremely subtle science that focuses on bringing harmony between mind and body. It is an art and science for healthy living. The word “Yoga” is derived from the Sanskrit root Yuj meaning “to join”, “to yoke” or “to unite”. According to Yogic scriptures, the practice of Yoga leads to the union of individual consciousness with universal consciousness.
Yoga is an invaluable ancient Indian practice with numerous benefits to both physical and mental health. The International Day of Yoga has evolved into India’s most significant public health initiative taken by the Government of India by shaping it into a form of a mass movement.
International Yoga Day 2022 Protocol
- Guardian Ring: An innovative program named “Guardian Ring”, will showcase the IDY celebration in 75 countries from east to west, with the movement of the sun, covering 16 time zones. It will be a wonderful Relay Yoga Streaming program telecasted live on DD channels.
- CYP demonstration at 75 heritage/iconic sites: To celebrate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, CYP demonstration at 75 heritage/iconic sites of tourist importance across the country promoting India Branding (Monument in the Background).
- Static and Innovative Digital Exhibition: The Ministry of Ayush will organize a “Digital Yoga Exhibitions” at Mysuru, Karnataka on Yoga’s ever-increasing global impact. The exhibition will showcase the illustrious history and development of Yoga and the achievements of all previous editions of the International Day of Yoga including the strength of Yoga, best practices, research highlights, Common Yoga Protocol, etc.
- Start-up Yoga challenge: The Start-up Yoga challenge has been launched by the Ministry of Ayush, in partnership with Startup India and Invest India, that envisages inviting startups and individuals who have developed products (devices or software applications or both) related to yoga to track the treatment delivery and outcome trajectory over time and will provide valuable health-related information about these interventions. The main objectives of the start-up challenge in yoga and wellness applications will be to identify and nurture key talent and innovators in this sector and develop smart novel products in this area.
- Joining thousands of others on IDY by doing the Common Yoga Protocol (CYP) performance on 21st June 2022. You may join the activity from your home or you have the option of using the national television or any other appropriate CYP video for guidance.
- If you are a newcomer to Yoga, this will be a more exciting venture. However, you would require some advance training in CYP ahead of IDY, i.e., well before 21st June. You may learn CYP from a qualified trainer, or you can use digital resources. CYP training videos are available on MoA’s Yoga Portal (https://yoga.ayush.gov.in/yoga/) and on MDNIY’s website (http://www.yogamdniy.nic.in/). They are also available on social media handles and platforms of the Ministry and MDNIY as free resources.
You can download the International Yoga Day 2022 Protocol PDF using the link given below.