Download GATE Information Brochure 2021 PDF for free from gate.iitb.ac.in using the direct download link given below.
GATE Information Brochure 2021
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national examination conducted jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. GATE examination is a Computer Based Test (CBT).
Highlights of GATE 2021
- Dates of examination: Friday 5*, Saturday 6th, Sunday 7″, Friday 12h, Saturday 13h, and Sunday 14th February 2021. There are two sessions (forenoon and afternoon) each day.
- Fully Computer Based Test (CBT).
- Two NEW subject papers are introduced:
- ES (Environmental Science and Engineering)
- XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) in Economics / English | Linguistics / Philosophy Psychology / Sociology.
- The total number of subject paper: 27.
- Syllabi of all subject papers have been revised for GATE 2021.
- All Test Papers of GATE 2021 examinations will be entirely objective type. The pattern of questions will include some Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
- ONE or TWO subject papers allowed. TWO Paper combinations have to be chosen from the given list of combinations of papers. The final allotment of TWO planets will still a subject to the availability of infrastructure and dates
- Eligibility criteria are relaxed. A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science Commerce / Arts is eligible to appear for the GATE 2021 examination.
- There is NO age limit to appear for the GATE 2021 examination
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE only through GATE 2021 website link GOAPS. Even if a candidate is appearing for TWO papers, the candidate should fill the ONLY ONE application form.
- GATE 2021 scorecard will remain valid for THREE years from the date of announcement of results.
- Depending on the COVID-19 situation, the schedule of the GATE 2021 examination may change.
- Due to COVID-19 related international travel restrictions, examination at the International
centers may be dropped, if the situation is not conducive by end of November 2020.
Pattern of Examination
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|Number of Subjects (Papers)||27|
|Sections||General Aptitude (GA) + Candidate’s Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions||(A) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
(B) Remaining types
|Questions for testing these abilities||
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|Distribution of Marks in all Papers EXCEPT papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks + Engineering Mathematics: 13 Marks + Subject Questions: 72 Marks = Total: 100 Marks|
|Distribution of Marks in papers AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH, XH and XL||General Aptitude: 15 Marks + Subject Questions: 85 Marks = Total: 100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||All of the questions will be of 1 mark or 2 marks|
Detailed Marking Scheme
|Paper Code||General Aptitude (GA) Marks||Subject Marks||Total Marks||Total Time (Minutes)|
|AE, AR, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, ES, EY, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF, ST and BM||15||85||100||180|
|GG [Part A + Part B (Section 1 Geology OR Section 2 Geophysics)]||15||25 + 60||100||180|
|XE (Section A + Any TWO Sections)||15||15 + (2 x 35)||100||180|
|XH (Section B1 + Any ONE Section)||15||25 + (1 x 60)||100||180|
|XL (Section P + Any TWO Sections)||15||25 + (2 x 30)||100||180|
GATE 2021 – Important Dates
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens||Monday||14th September 2020|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/application portal||Wednesday||30th September 2020|
|End of the EXTENDED period for online registration/application
(with late fee)
|Wednesday||7th October 2020|
|Last Date for change of category, paper, and examination city
(an additional fee will be applicable)
|Friday||13th November 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Portal
(for download and printing)
|Friday||8th January 2021|
|GATE 2021 Examination
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Tentative)
|5th February 2021
6th February 2021
7th February 2021
12th February 2021
13th February 2021
14th February 2021
|Announcement of results in the Online Application Portal||Monday||22nd March 2021|
For more details download the GATE Information Brochure 2021 in PDF format using the link given below or alternative link.