Download First Smartphone Launched PDF for free from telstra.com.au using the direct download link given below.
First Smartphone Launched
In the past, mobile phones were mostly about making phone calls. They had a number pad, a digital phone book and a pick-up/hang-up button and not much more. Now smartphones offer so much more – they’re really fully-fledged computers that you can fit in your pocket. They can run programs and games, access the internet, send email and much more.Nearly all smartphones now use touchscreen controls. Instead of having hardware buttons like before, one side of the phone is taken up mostly by a touchscreen that you control using taps and gestures. There aren’t even any number buttons; when you want to make a call, a number pad will pop up on the touchscreen.Becoming familiar with a smartphone can take a little bit of practice. But when you do become familiar with it, you’ll find that a smartphone can do more than you ever thought possible on a mobile phone. A smartphone can:
- Make voice calls (of course!)
- Make video calls
- Access the internet and browse the web
- Take photos, and upload them to the web
- Navigate with GPS if the phone has GPS built-in
- Play back music and video stored on the phone (and connect to a PC to copy media to it)
- Manage your contacts and appointments
- Send emails
- Play in-built games
- Run new applications and games downloaded for the internet.
You can download the First Smartphone Launched in PDF format online from the link given below.