Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 PDF
Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Central Board of School Education (CBSE) has released the Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 PDF from the official website https://cbseacademic.nic.in or it can be directly downloaded from the link given at the bottom of this page. CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus for the academic session 2022-2023 is provided here for students to know the latest course structure that has been assigned as per the annual assessment scheme.
The board has terminated the term-wise assessment policy for the new academic session. Students must go through the latest CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus to know the chapters and topics to be covered during the year. The syllabus can also b downloaded in PDF so that students may use this anytime and anywhere at their convenience.
Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23
UNIT I: NUMBER SYSTEMS
1. REAL NUMBER (15 Periods)
Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic – statements after reviewing work done earlier and after illustrating and motivating through examples, Proofs of the irrationality of √2, √3, √5
UNIT II: ALGEBRA
1. POLYNOMIALS (8 Periods)
Zeros of a polynomial. Relationship between zeros and coefficients of quadratic polynomials.
2. PAIR OF LINEAR EQUATIONS IN TWO VARIABLES (15)
Periods Pair of linear equations in two variables and graphical method of their solution, consistency/inconsistency.
Algebraic conditions for number of solutions. Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, by elimination. Simple situational problems.
3. QUADRATIC EQUATIONS (15)
Periods Standard form of a quadratic equation ax2 + bx + c = 0, (a ≠ 0). Solutions of quadratic equations (only real roots) by factorization, and by using quadratic formula.
Relationship between discriminant and nature of roots. Situational problems based on quadratic equations related to day to day activities to be incorporated.
4. ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS (10 Periods)
Motivation for studying Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term and sum of the first n terms of A.P. and their application in solving daily life problems.
UNIT III: COORDINATE GEOMETRY
Coordinate Geometry (15 Periods)
Review: Concepts of coordinate geometry, graphs of linear equations. Distance formula. Section formula (internal division).
UNIT IV: GEOMETRY
1. TRIANGLES (15 Periods)
Definitions, examples, counterexamples of similar triangles.
- (Prove) If a line is drawn parallel to one side of a triangle to intersect the other two sides in distinct points, the other two sides are divided in the same ratio.
- (Motivate) If a line divides two sides of a triangle in the same ratio, the line is parallel to the third side.
- (Motivate) If in two triangles, the corresponding angles are equal, their corresponding sides are proportional and the triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If the corresponding sides of two triangles are proportional, their corresponding angles are equal and the two triangles are similar.
- (Motivate) If one angle of a triangle is equal to one angle of another triangle and the sides including these angles are proportional, the two triangles are similar.
UNIT V: TRIGONOMETRY
1. INTRODUCTION TO TRIGONOMETRY (10 Periods)
Trigonometric ratios of an acute angle of a right-angled triangle. Proof of their existence (well defined); motivate the ratios whichever are defined at 0o and 90o. Values of the trigonometric ratios of 300 , 450 and 600. Relationships between the ratios.
2. TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES (15 Periods)
Proof and applications of the identity sin2A + cos2A = 1. Only simple identities to be given.
3. HEIGHTS AND DISTANCES: Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression. (10 Periods)
Simple problems with heights and distances. Problems should not involve more than two right triangles. Angles of elevation/depression should be only 30°, 45°, and 60°.
UNIT VI: MENSURATION
1. AREAS RELATED TO CIRCLES (12 Periods)
Area of sectors and segments of a circle. Problems based on areas and perimeter/circumference of the above-said plane figures. (In calculating the area of a segment of a circle, problems should be restricted to the central angles of 60°, 90°, and 120° only.
2. SURFACE AREAS AND VOLUMES (12 Periods)
Surface areas and volumes of combinations of any two of the following: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and right circular cylinders/cones.
UNIT VII: STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY
1. STATISTICS (18 Periods)
Mean, median, and mode of grouped data (bimodal situation to be avoided).
2. PROBABILITY (10 Periods)
The classical definition of probability. Simple problems on finding the probability of an event.
You can download the Class 10 Maths Syllabus 2022-23 PDF using the link given below.