Abhaya Hastham Scheme Telangana
The Telangana Government introduced the Velugu Pension and Insurance Scheme for the (Rural and Urban) SHG women in November 2009 to provide income security in their old age. The aim was to provide security to all enrolled SHG women with dignity in their old age.
This scheme works in principal of contribution amount Rs. 365 per annum by the SHG woman and Government co-contribution amount Rs. 365 per annum into her pension amount. The interest earned from the corpus generated for each member till the completion of 60 years of her age is used for giving a monthly pension from Rs. 500 to Rs. 2200 based on the age of the member. Each enrolled member under the scheme is entitled to get a minimum pension of Rs. 500 after completion of 60 years of her age and all the enrolled members between the age group of 18 to 59 years are eligible to get Insurance coverage under the JBY scheme.
Objective Abhaya Hastham Scheme
- To provide the SHG women a dignified life in their old age.
- To provide income security for the SHG women at an age when their earnings from livelihoods reduce considerably.
- To provide financial assistance to the bereaved family members in the case of the premature death of the member.
Eligibility for the Abhaya Hastham Scheme
- All Abhaya Hastham programs recognized SHG women, from rural and urban areas.
- Between the ages of 18 years and 60 years
- As a one-time dispensation, members above 60 years are eligible this year.
- Should be a currently active SHG member and have been a member for at least a year (SHG member by 1/12/2008).
- Should have an attendance of 80%
- Should have contributed a minimum of 80% of thrift in the last year.
- Holder of white ration card.
- The SHG should recommend the case of the member and certify the age of the member through a resolution.
Abhaya Hastham Scheme Benefits
- Each member would become eligible for a minimum monthly pension of Rs. 500 or above, subject to fulfillment of conditions to be prescribed, on crossing the 60 years of age, depending on the number of years of contribution and quantum of contribution made by the member. (refer to annexure-?)
- All women between 18 to 59 years would be eligible for life insurance coverage up to
- A sum of Rs. 30,000 in case of natural death
- Rs. 75,000 in case of Accidental death
- Rs. 75,000 for permanent disability
- Rs. 37,500 for partial disability
- Scholarship of Rs. 1200 per annum for their children, studying 9th, 10th classes, intermediate and Industrial Technical Institute (ITI).
- Members who are already receiving scholarships for their kids from LIC under any other scheme would not be eligible for receiving this scholarship.
- On the death of the subscriber during the contributory phase (less than 60 years), the available contributions of the subscriber and the government’s co-contribution along with accrued earnings on such contributions shall be transferred to the nominee of the subscriber. And also the insurance benefit would be transferred to the nominee.
- On the death of the member during the pension payout phase (60+ years), the available contributions of the subscriber and the government’s co-contribution along with accrued earnings shall be transferred to the nominee of the subscriber.
The following documents are required :
- White Ration card for validation for Below Poverty line (BPL) (necessary condition) (Photocopy)
- Age validation document (Photocopy)
- School certificate
- Ration card
- EPIC card (Voter card)
- Verifying documents for validating the currently active member for at least a year
- SHG formation copy
- Attendance and meetings book (at least 80% attendance)
- Thrift (at least 80%)
- Bank loan details (preferable)
- SHG resolution for joining the scheme, stating each member’s age and enclosed members’ documents.
- These documents submitted will be verified by a third party.
- MS will generate the VO-wise SHG-wise member details. The checklist would be given to the members so that they will resubmit the form after making necessary corrections if any.