TS Abhaya Hastham Application Form
The Telangana Government has undertaken comprehensive eradication of poverty in rural and urban areas through the Abhaya Hastham program. As a part of the programme SHGs (Self Help Groups) are formed to develop, strengthen, and empower the women. Abhaya Hastham Scheme Form PDF free download from the link given at the bottom of this page.
Under this scheme, various activities have been undertaken through these SHGs for poverty eradication and upliftment of the poor. Though these activities were able to create new sources of income, it has been observed that these activities help them only till they can actively participate in income-generating activities. Generally in old age physical strength deteriorates and mental stability diminishes, money power becomes bleak coupled with negligence from the younger generation.
TS Abhaya Hastham Application Form PDF Overview
|Name of Scheme
|Providing insurance and pensions
|Must be a resident of Telangana
|Elderly women of Telangana
Eligibility for the Abhaya Hastham Form
- All Abhaya Hastham programs recognized SHG women, from rural and urban areas.
- Between the ages of 18 years and 60 years
- As a one-time dispensation, members above 60 years are eligible this year.
- Should be a currently active SHG member and have been a member for at least a year (SHG member by 1/12/2008).
- Should have an attendance of 80%
- Should have contributed a minimum of 80% of thrift in the last year.
- Holder of white ration card.
- The SHG should recommend the case of the member and certify the age of the member through a resolution.
Abhaya Hastham Scheme Benefits
- Each member would become eligible for a minimum monthly pension of Rs. 500 or above, subject to fulfillment of conditions to be prescribed, on crossing the 60 years of age, depending on the number of years of contribution and quantum of contribution made by the member. (refer to annexure-?)
- All women between 18 to 59 years would be eligible for life insurance coverage up to
- A sum of Rs. 30,000 in case of natural death
- Rs. 75,000 in case of Accidental death
- Rs. 75,000 for permanent disability
- Rs. 37,500 for partial disability
- Scholarship of Rs. 1200 per annum for their children, studying 9th, 10th classes, intermediate and Industrial Technical Institute (ITI).
- Members who are already receiving scholarships for their kids from LIC under any other scheme would not be eligible for receiving this scholarship.
- On the death of the subscriber during the contributory phase (less than 60 years), the available contributions of the subscriber and the government’s co-contribution along with accrued earnings on such contributions shall be transferred to the nominee of the subscriber. And also the insurance benefit would be transferred to the nominee.
- On the death of the member during the pension payout phase (60+ years), the available contributions of the subscriber and the government’s co-contribution along with accrued earnings shall be transferred to the nominee of the subscriber.
Documents Required for Abhaya Hastham Scheme Form
The following documents are required :
- White Ration card for validation for Below Poverty line (BPL) (necessary condition) (Photocopy)
- Age validation document (Photocopy)
- School certificate
- Ration card
- EPIC card (Voter card)
- Verifying documents for validating the currently active member for at least a year
- SHG formation copy
- Attendance and meetings book (at least 80% attendance)
- Thrift (at least 80%)
- Bank loan details (preferable)
- SHG resolution for joining the scheme, stating each member’s age and enclosed members’ documents.
- These documents submitted will be verified by a third party.
- MS will generate the VO-wise SHG-wise member details. The checklist would be given to the members so that they will resubmit the form after making necessary corrections if any.