2000 Note Exchange Form
2000 Note Exchange Form PDF read online or download for free from the official website link given at the bottom of this article.
he Reserve Bank of India withdraw ₹ 2,000 notes from circulation and people can exchange or deposit them in their bank accounts by September 30. The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) 19 regional offices and other banks will start taking ₹ 2,000 notes for exchange with lower denomination ones from May 23. The RBI clarified that people don’t have to pay any fee to avail of the exchange facility. Further, banks have been instructed to make arrangements to reduce inconvenience for senior citizens and persons with disabilities who wish to exchange or deposit ₹ 2,000 banknotes.
In order to ensure smooth operation at bank branches, and no repeat of chaos that took place post-demonitisation, the RBI has mandated that exchange of Rs 2,000 bank notes into bank notes of other denominations can be made up to a limit of Rs 20,000 at a time at any bank starting from May 23.
2000 Note Exchange Form – Rules
- RBI has informed in its circular that a non-account holder also can exchange Rs 2000 banknotes up to a limit of Rs 20,000 – at a time at any bank branch.
- There will be no exchange fee for depositing or exchanging Rs 2000 notes, RBI has informed.
- In order to exchange Rs 2000 notes, RBI had earlier said that the persons who come to exchange or deposit Rs 2000 currency notes will have to file a requisition slip.
- Reserve Bank of India has specified that individuals can deposit and/or exchange these Rs 2000 banknotes in any commercial bank branch. The exchange facility will also be available at the 19 Regional Offices (ROs) of RBI having Issue Departments.
- The central bank said in its release that individuals can deposit and/or exchange these Rs 2000 banknotes in any commercial bank branch on or before September 30, 2023.
You can download the 2000 Note Exchange Form PDF using the link given below.