Yajurveda Amavasya Tharpanam Tamil PDF
Yajurveda Amavasya Tharpanam PDF Download in Tamil for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
In simple terms, tharpanam usually means offering something to one’s ancestral beings to satisfy them. Many believe that tharpanam is as important as any other worship procedure. Tharpanam which is carried out on the day of Amavasya is known as Amavasya tharpanam.
In case you already know the traditional way of doing tharpanam along with the traditional mantras or if you are a man of family traditions who believes in certain practices carried out by your family members, you should follow your traditional practices.
Amavasya Tharpanam Things Needed
- A mat to sit on made of darbha grass. A wooden plank or clean cloth made of natural fibers.
- A clean plate made of wood, copper, brass or silver. Glass and steel should not be used.
- Clean water in a glass made of wood, copper, brass or silver. You may also keep some water in an extra bowl.
- Sesame seeds. Use black sesame seeds if you are a male and white sesame seeds if you are a female.
- Darbha grass.
- Pavitram made of darbha grass to be worn in the ring finger of the right hand.
According to the first method, one needs to pay many spiritual debts every day. One such debt is what we have to pay to our ancestors. Pitru tharpanam done on the day of Amavasya is one such way to pay this debt. This worship procedure does not take much time and can be done within ten minutes or so.
Going by the names, Pitru Tharpanam means to satisfy one’s ancestors. In this part of tharpanam, we offer tharpanam to 12 of our recently departed ancestors. These may be your parents, grandparents and so on. People in your parental lines are the only ones who are included in this tharpanam. So, uncles, aunts or cousins are excluded from Pitru tharpanam worship. They are however included when we perform karunya tharpanam.
Yajurveda Amavasya Tharpanam PDF download using the link given below.