Uttarakhand Tourism Policy 2030 PDF
The state of Uttarakhand came into existence as the 27th state of the Indian Republic on 9th November 2000. Uttarakhand is nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, and shares international borders with Nepal and China. Uttarakhand introduced its tourism policy 2023 with the objective of establishing world-class infrastructure, attracting the private sector for infrastructure development, and identifying new
The New Tourism Policy envisages chalking out a sustainable development strategy for the tourism sector in the state. The Tourism Policy is driven by the philosophy of enabling all stakeholders involved in the tourism sector to benefit from Uttarakhand’s growth story. Uttarakhand is to be positioned as a place for memorable, authentic, and diverse tourism experiences. In this context, the policy provides a unifying framework, that aims to streamline the goals and interests of various stakeholders toward the singular goal of tourism development in the state.
Uttarakhand Tourism Policy 2030 PDF – Objective
- To facilitate private sector investment into hospitality and tourism projects in the state
- To develop & strengthen the image of Uttarakhand as a safe and tourist-friendly destination.
- To enable accreditation of verified tourism service providers and industry players.
- To create and develop new tourism destinations and unique tourism products offering unmatched experience catering to various tourist segments.
- To promote inclusive tourism strategies for community based tourism, ensuring equitable distribution of benefits to local communities
- To enable information dissemination to tourists visiting Uttarakhand (before, during and after visits) as well as to potential visitors
- To create a digital database of tourism-related entities and services, like hospitality providers, for assimilating accurate tourist behavior statistic
You can download the Uttarakhand Tourism Policy 2030 PDF using the link given below.