RBE 137 2023
179 (xiv)- Vacancies in Level-1 in Workshops/ notified categories in Divisions should be filled in the manner indicated below:-
- 90% by recruitment from open market including Apprentices trained under the Apprentices Act.
- 10% of vacancies in workshops and in S&T, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Traffic & Commercial Department and Works side of Engineering Department in Divisions by transfer from amongst regular Track Maintainers, Assistant Depot (Stores) of the Stores Department and House Keeping Assistants of various departments with a minimum of 8 years service which will be further subject to following conditions.
- 10% of the proposed vacancies for recruitment in Level-1 (ersrwhile Group ‘D’) of workshops and Signal & Telecom, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Traffic & Commercial Department and Works side of Engineering Department in the Divisions, will be clubbed to recruit equivalent number of Track Maintainer in addition to the intake of Track Maintainer decided for the Engineering Department. The lateral transfer will be undertaken as & when direct recruitment exercise is completed and stipulation of para (A) above have been adhered to.
- Trackmen in regular employment in Engineering Department should be laterally transferred to those Departments, whose 10% vacancies have been clubbed and unlized for recruitment of Trackmen. Other Departments will be allowed to induct fresh personnel for the residual 90% of vacancies, and also to the extent of deficiency not met through lateral transfer.
- A Track Maintainer in Level-2 possessing the required eligibility conditions, if desirous of moving to other Departments through lateral induction, will be allowed to do so, if he accepts reversion to Level-1.
- Applications for lateral transfer of Track Maintainers, Assistant of the Stores Department and House Keeping Assistants of various departments should be called for and applicants shortlisted on the basis of seniority, based on the length of the service.