NRC Documents List West Bengal PDF
NRC Documents List West Bengal PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
National Register of Citizens (NRC) means the register containing the names of Indian citizens. NRC updation basically means the process of enlisting the names of citizens based on Electoral Rolls upto 1971 and 1951 NRC. National Register of Citizens, 1951 is a register prepared after the conduct of the Census of 1951, in respect of each village showing the houses or holdings in a serial order and indicating against each house or holding the number and names of persons staying therein.
These registers covered each and every person enumerated during the Census of 1951 and were kept in the offices of Deputy Commissioners and Sub Divisional Officers according to instructions issued by the Government of India in 1951. Later these registers were transferred to the Police in the early 1960s. National Register of Citizens (NRC) updation basically means the process of enlisting the names of those persons (or their descendants) whose names appear in any of the Electoral Rolls upto 1971, 1951 NRC or any of the admissible documents stipulated.
NRC Documents List PDF West Bengal
There will be two requirements for inclusion of names of any person in updated NRC–
1. The first requirement is collection of ANY ONE of the following documents of List A issued before midnight of 24th March, 1971 where name of self or ancestor* appears (to prove residence in Assam up to midnight of 24th March, 1971).
- (1) 1951 NRC OR
- (2) Electoral Roll(s) up to 24th March 1971 (midnight) OR
- (3) Land & Tenancy Records OR
- (4) Citizenship Certificate OR
- (5) Permanent Residential Certificate OR
- (6) Refugee Registration Certificate OR
- (7) Passport OR
- (8) LIC OR
- (9) Any Govt. issued License/Certificate OR
- (10) Govt. Service/ Employment Certificate OR
- (11) Bank/Post Office Accounts OR
- (12) Birth Certificate OR
- (13) Board/University Educational Certificate OR
- (14) Court Records/Processes.
Further, two other documents viz (1) Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in respect of married women migrating after marriage (can be of any year before or after 24th March (midnight) 1971), and (2) Ration Card issued up to the midnight of 24th March, 1971 can be adduced as supporting documents. However, these two documents shall be accepted only if accompanied by any one of the documents listed above.
2. The Second requirement arises if name in any of the documents of List A is not of the applicant himself/herself but that of an ancestor, namely, father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother (and so on) of the applicant. In such cases, the applicant shall have to submit documents as in List B below to establish relationship with such ancestor, i.e., father or mother or grandfather or grandmother or great grandfather or great grandmother etc. whose name appears in List A. Such documents shall have to be legally acceptable document which clearly proves such relationship.
- (1) Birth Certificate OR
- (2) Land document OR
- (3) Board/University Certificate OR
- (4) Bank/LIC/Post Office records OR
- (5) Circle Officer/GP Secretary Certificate in case of married women OR
- (6) Electoral Roll OR
- (7) Ration Card OR
- (8) Any other legally acceptable document
You can download the NRC Documents List West Bengal PDF using the link given below.