Essential Drug List India 2022
Essential Drug List India 2022 PDF read online or download for free from the official website link given at the bottom of this article.
Union Health Ministry is taking various steps under the vision of Hon. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi Ji towards Sabko Dawai, Sasti Dawai. In this direction, the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM) plays an important role in ensuring the accessibility of affordable quality medicines at all levels of healthcare. This will give a boost to cost-effective, quality medicines and contribute towards a reduction in Out of Pocket Expenditure on healthcare for the citizens.”
Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare as he launched National Lists of Essential Medicines (NLEM) 2022. 384 drugs have been included in this list with the addition of 34 drugs, while 26 from the previous list have been dropped. The medicines have been categorized into 27 therapeutic categories.
National List of Essential Medicines 2022 India
The following criteria are followed for inclusion in NLEM:
- be useful in diseases which is a public health problem in India
- be licensed/ approved Drugs Controller General (India) (DCGI)
- have proven efficacy and safety profile based on scientific evidence
- be comparatively cost-effective
- be aligned with the current treatment guidelines
- recommended under the National Health Programs of India. (e.g. Ivermectin part of Accelerated Plan for Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis 2018).
- when more than one medicine are available from the same therapeutic class, one prototype/ medically best suited medicine of that class to be included.
- price of total treatment is considered and not the unit price of a medicine
- fixed dose combinations are usually not included
- in vaccines as and when are included in Universal Immunization Program (e.g. Rotavirus vaccine).
List of Medicines Added to NLEM 2022
- Bendamustine Hydrochloride
- Buprenorphine (A) + Naloxone (B)
- Darunavir (A) + Ritonavir (B)
- Insulin Glargine
- Irinotecan HCI Trihydrate
- Leuprolide acetate
- Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
- Ormeloxifene (Centchroman)
- Phenoxymethyl penicillin
- Procaine Benzyl penicillin
- Rotavirus vaccine
- Tenofovir (A) + Lamivudine (B) + Dolutegravir (C)
- Tenofovir Alafenamide Fumarate (TAF)
List of Medicines Removed from NLEM 2022
- Bleaching Powder
- Diloxanide furoate
- Ethinylestradiol(A) Norethisterone (B)
- Lamivudine (A) + Nevirapine (B) + Stavudine (C)
- Pegylated interferon alfa 2a, Pegylated interferon alfa 2b
- Prilocaine (A) + Lignocaine (B)
- Stavudine (A) + Lamivudine (B) 25. Sucralfate
- White Petrolatum
You can download the National List of Essential Medicines 2022 India PDF using the link given below.