Nadia District Map PDF
The district of Nadia is situated in the heart of the Bengal delta held within the arms of the Ganga, namely, the Bhagirathi on the West and Mathabhanga on the North. The entire district lies in the alluvial plain of the Ganga and its tributaries. Most districts in West Bengal take their name from the headquarters station of the district, but Nadia district takes its name not from Krishnagar, the headquarter but from Nadia or Nabadwip hallowed by the memory of Lord Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu who was born here on 18th February, 1486. The British district of Nadia was formed in 1787. The present district of Nadia after partition was formed by Notification No.545-GA dated 23rd February, 1948.
The district of Nadia is bounded on the north and north-west by the district of Murshidabad. On the south-east and east it is bounded by the Republic of Bangladesh. In the south and south-east the district is bounded by the district of North 24-Parganas.The shape of the district is irregular, lying North to South. The district is about 46ft. above the mean sea-level and the tropic of cancer divides the district into two parts.
Nadia District Map
You can download the Nadia District Map PDF using the link given below.