Kerala Lockdown Guidelines PDF
Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan has announced a lockdown from 8 May to 16 May to fight the surge in Covid-19 cases. The entire state of Kerala will be under lockdown from 6 am on 8 May to 16 May. Any persons violating these measures will be liable to be proceeded against as per the relevant provisions of the Disaster Management Act,2005,
Kerala Epidemic Diseases Ordinance 2020 and other relevant laws in force.
Kerala Lockdown Guidelines – Not Allowed
- Offices of the Government of India, its autonomous and subordinate offices, and public corporations shall remain closed.
- Offices of the Government of Kerala, its autonomous and subordinate offices, and public corporations shall remain closed.
- Commercial and private establishments shall be closed down.
- Industrial establishments will remain closed
- All educational, training, research, coaching institutions, etc. shall remain closed
- All places of worship shall be closed for the public.
Kerala Lockdown Guidelines – Allowed
- Banks, insurance, and financial services from 10 AM to 1 PM only for the public with minimal staff up to 2 PM
- Hospitals and all related medical establishments, including their manufacturing and distribution units, both in the public and private sector such as dispensaries, chemists and medical equipment shops, laboratories, clinics, nursing homes, ambulance, etc. will remain functional. The transportation for all medical personnel, nurses, paramedical staff, other hospital services to be permitted
- Agricultural, horticultural, fisheries, plantation, and animal husbandry activities shall be permitted with minimum movement of persons. Procurement and marketing of perishable agricultural commodities shall be permitted
- Movement of volunteers connected with the COVID-19 activities shall be permitted
- Technicians (On call electrical and plumbing services) shall be permitted.
- Pre-monsoon preparedness works, including cleaning works, shall be permitted.
- Movement of House helps and caregivers for elderly and bedridden persons shall be permitted
- Construction and maintenance works shall be permitted. MGNREGA and Ayyankali Employment Guarantee Scheme works with groups up to 5 persons maintaining Covid protocols shall be permitted. Transportation of workers to the site adhering to Covid protocols will also be permitted. However, such transportation may be minimized.
For more details download the Kerala Lockdown Guidelines in PDF format using the link given below or an alternative link for more details.