Kerala Budget 2023 Malayalam PDF
Kerala finance minister KN Balagopal on Friday presented the Left government’s budget for fiscal 2023-24, allocating Rs 100 crore for welfare programmes and setting aside ₹2,000 crores for tackling price rise. Beginning the budget speech on a positive note, the Minister said the southern state has bravely overcome COVID challenges and finally returned to the path of growth and prosperity.
In Kerala budget a total of ₹2,000 crore will be allocated for tackling price rise in the state. The FM said common people would not be ignored while announcing big projects and ₹80 crore would be allocated for alleviating extreme poverty in the southern state.
Kerala Budget 2023 PDF – Highlights
- A total of ₹600 crore would be set aside for rubber subsidy in the state budget,
- State budget allocates Rs 2,828.33 crore for public health. Rs 3.8 crore for ‘Mithaayi’ project to tackle diabetes among children.
- Kerala budget allocates Rs 525 crore for irrigation projects and addressing flooding issues along the coastal belt
- Rs 2.25 crore for the modernisation and mechanisation of the cashew factories under Cashew Development Board.
- Rs 7.9 crore for electric vehicles charging stations in all districts
- Budget allocates Rs 30 crore for Sabarimala Master plan
- Budget allocates Rs 971 crore for agriculture and Rs 321.23 crore for fisheries sector
- Suchitwa Sagaram, project to remove plastic from oceans with the help of fishermen gets Rs 5.51 crore. Rs 10 crore allocated for the modernisation of fishing boats.
- A PPP model company will be created to set up air strips in various parts of Kerala. Rs 20 crore allocated for setting up the company.
- Extreme poverty to be wiped out from the state. As many as 64,006 families in extreme poverty identified, assistance to be provided: FM
- An international consultant will be appointed for preparing masterplan for Kochi, Thiruvananthapuyram and Kozhikode cities.
- State budget allocates Rs 50 crore for ‘Work Near Home’ project
- Rs 5,580 crore have already been invested by the government for NH development. The National Highway development will be completed in 3 years. Rs 300 crore via KIIFB for West Coast Canal economic corridor.
You can download the Kerala Budget 2023 PDF using the link given below.