Gazette Name Change Form
The person attaining the age of 18 years and above who wishes to get his/her change of name and gender notified in the Gazette of India Part IV has to comply with the following formalities prior to notification of such advertisement.
One recent advertisement Only in Daily Local National Newspaper (In Original) -(Either in English newspaper or Hindi Newspaper and matter should be in Hindi or English language only.).(i)lt should give full details-old name and gender, father’s name, full residential address, new name and gender(ii) It should be from individual side and not from lawyer side.(iii)lt should be advertised in Public Notice heading in the newspaper only. It should not be advertised in Change of Name heading. Its format in which way it is to be advertised is given in .(New Modified Public Notice Format) .(N.B. Weekly, Evening Daily, Fortnightly Newspaper etc. will not entertained)
Gazette Name Change Form PDF – Documents Required
- One recent advertisement Only in Daily Local National Newspaper (In Original) -(Either in English newspaper or in Hindi Newspaper and matter should be in Hindi or English language only.)
- An undertaking.(In Original)(MODIFIED )
- Prescribed Performa for change of Public Notice -02 Original Copies typed fully-signed by the old name of the applicant and full details of two witnesses.(In Original)(MODIFIED)
- One CD- Compact Disc
- One CD —Certificate —Signed by the applicant by the old name- declaring therein that the contents of hard copies and soft copies are similar.
- Two-Recent passport size photographs- duly self-attested (cross-signed) by the applicant.
- One attested photocopy of PHOTO ID Proof for OLD Name and Gender and Address, either —Date of Birth/Aadhaar card / Voter I card / Passport of the Applicant.
- 01-Self-attested photocopy of ID Proof for Name and Address either —Aadhaar card / Voter I card / Passport of each Witness.
- GID photocopy/photocopies.(Till NALSA guidelines are implemented or a law is passed in the Parliament as suggested by the Supreme Court).
- Request Letter- Addressed to: The Controller of Publication, Department of Publication, Civil Lines, Delhi-110054, Behind Vidhan Sabha, Near Vidhan Sabha Metro Station. It is mandatory for the applicant to mention his/her telephone number and e-mail. N.B Self Attested Supporting Documents pertaining to previous name and gender, address, GID, etc. should be attached for verification.(If a person comes in personally in the Department he/she has to carry original documents with copy of self-attested documents, originals are returned back to the applicant after verification).
You can download the Gazette Name Change Form PDF using the link given below.