From 26AS Tax Credit statement PDF
From 26AS Tax Credit statement PDF Download for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Form 26AS is an official form that contains details of the tax deducted by the deductor. It also contains details of tax, which is deducted at source and details of advance tax. All this along with refunds and high-value transactions is deducted on behalf of the taxpayer.
From 26 AS is an annual consolidated tax statement that contains details of your taxes that have been paid by or on your behalf, by the deductor (could be your employer, bank, etc.) to the Government treasury.
Form 26AS is also known as the annual consolidated statement, which contains all tax-related information of the taxpayer. One can access Form 26AS from the income tax website by using their PAN (Permanent Account Number). Form 26AS contains the following details:
- Details of Annual Information Report transactions
- Details of tax collected by the tax collectors on behalf of the taxpayer
- Tax deducted by the deductor on behalf of the taxpayer
- Advance tax, self-assessment tax, and regular assessment tax deposited by PAN holders/taxpayers.
- Details of tax deducted on your income by deductors
- Details of the refund received by you during the financial year
- Details of the High-value Transactions in respect of shares, mutual fund, etc.
How to download the Form 26AS
Form 26AS can be viewed in two ways. Both methods use the online facility to display Form 26 AS for the customer. The following are the ways in which one can view their Form 26 AS online.
- TRACES portal: You can download form AS26 from TRACES. Below is the step-by-step guide on how to download form 26AS.
1) Visit page www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in of Income Tax and locate the form 26AS which is available on the website.
2) Using PAN, you can log in to the account. In case you don’t have an account, you will have to register first.
3) The password for opening Form 26AS is your Date of Birth (in DDMMYYYY format)
4) Post which, you can view Form 26AS from FY 2008-09 onwards.
- Through NET Banking facility: This facility is available to a PAN cardholder having a net banking account with any authorized bank.
Please note: You can view Form 26AS only if your PAN number is linked to that particular account.