Download UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Revised Syllabus 2020 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist Revised Syllabus 2020
The Union Public Service Commission in consultation with the Government (Ministry of Mines, the Nodal Ministry) has decided to revise the Scheme, Pattern and Syllabi of the Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination. The salient features of the same are as under:
- (i)The nomenclature of this Examination has been changed to “Combined Geo-Scientist Examination”in place of “Combined Geo-Scientist and Geologist Examination”.
- (ii)There will a three tier examination pattern i.e. (i) Stage-I : Preliminary Examination (ii) Stage-II : Main Examination (iii) Stage-III : Personality Test.
- (iii)Preliminary Examination will screen the candidates for taking the Main Examination (Stage–II).
- (iv)The Preliminary Examination will be of objective type having two Papers. Marks secured in this Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit.
- (v)The Preliminary Examination will be a Computer Based Examination.
- (vi)The Main Examination will have three Papers for each Stream and all Papers willbe of descriptive type. Marks secured in this Examination will be counted for deciding the final merit.
- (vii)Existing General English Paper has been discontinued.
- (viii)The Revised Scheme, Pattern and Syllabi of the Examination will be made effective from the 2020 Examination to give sufficient preparation time to the aspirants.