Unlock -1 Guidelines for Shopping Malls After Lockdown
Unlock -1 Guidelines for Shopping Malls After Lockdown PDF read online or download for free from the www.mohfw.gov.in link given at the bottom of this article.
Shopping malls get frequented by large number of people for shopping, entertainment and food. To prevent spread of COVID-19 infection, it is important that required social distancing and other preventive measures are followed.
All shopping malls shall ensure the following arrangements:
- Entrance to have mandatory hand hygiene(sanitizer dispenser)and thermal screening provisions.
- Only asymptomatic customers/visitors shall be allowed.
- All workers/customers/visitors to be allowed entry only if using face cover/masks. The face cover/masks has to be worn at all times inside the shopping mall.
- Posters/standees/AV media on preventive measures about COVID-19 to be displayed prominently.
- Staggering of visitors to be done, if possible.
- Adequate manpower shall be deployed by Mall Management for ensuring social distancing norms.
- All employees who are at higher risk i.e. older employees, pregnant employees and employees who have underlying medical conditions, to take extra precautions. They should preferably not be exposed to any front-line work requiring direct contact with the public.Shopping Mall management to facilitate work from home wherever feasible.
- Proper crowd management in the parking lots and outside the premises –duly following social distancing norms shall be ensured.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate. A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- Any shops, stalls, cafeteria etc., outside and within the premises shall follow social distancing norms at all times.
- Specific markings may be made with sufficient distance to manage the queue and ensure social distancing in the premises.
- Preferably separate entry and exits for visitors, workers and goods/supplies shall be organized.
- The staff for home deliveries shall be screened thermally by the shopping mall authorities prior to allowing home deliveries.
- Required precautions while handling supplies, inventories and goods in the shopping mall shall be ensured. Proper queue management and disinfection shall be organized.
- Maintaining physical distancing of a minimum of 6 feet,when queuing up for entry and inside the shopping mall as far as feasible.
- Number of customers inside the shop to be kept at a minimum, so as to maintain the physical distancing norms.
- Seating arrangement, if any, to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms.
- Use of escalators with one person on alternate steps may be encouraged.
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be followed which inter alia emphasises that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30oC, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%, intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be adequate.
- Large gatherings/congregations continue to remain prohibited.
- Effective and frequent sanitation within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking and hand washing stations/areas.
- Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypocrite) of frequently touched surfaces (door knobs, elevator buttons, hand rails, benches, washroom fixtures, etc.) to be made mandatory in all malls in common areas as well as inside shops, elevators, escalators etc.
- Proper disposal of face covers / masks / gloves left over by visitors and/or employees should be ensured.
- Deep cleaning of all washrooms shall be ensured at regular intervals.
- In the food-courts:
- Adequate crowd and queue management to be ensured to ensure social distancing norms.
- In food courts and restaurants, not more than 50% of seating capacity to be permitted.
- Food court staff / waiters should wear mask and hand gloves and take other required precautionary measures.
- The seating arrangement should ensure adequate social distancing between patrons as far as feasible.
- Contact less mode of ordering and digital mode of payment (using e-wallets) to be encouraged.
- Tables to be sanitized each time customer leaves.g.In the kitchen, the staff should follow social distancing norms at work place.
- xxvii.Gaming Arcades shall remain closed. xxviii.Children Play Areas shall remain closed.xxix.Cinema halls inside shopping malls shall remain closed.