SI Units List PDF
The International System of Units (SI)) is the modern form of the metric system. It is the only system of measurement with official status in nearly every country in the world.
SI units comprise a coherent system of units of measurement starting with seven base units, which are the second (the unit of time with the symbol s), meter (length, m), kilogram (mass, kg), ampere (electric current, A), kelvin (thermodynamic temperature, K), mole (amount of substance, mol), and candela (luminous intensity, cd)
SI Units List
|Sl. No.||Name of the Quantity||SI Unit||SI Unit Symbol|
|4.||Electric current (I)||Ampere||A|
|5.||Thermodynamic temperature (Θ)||Kelvin||K|
|6.||Amount of substance (N)||Mole||mol|
|7.||Luminous intensity (J)||Candela||cd|
SI Base Units List – Details
There are 7 SI base units. The seven units along with their SI unit and symbol are given below:
- Unit of length, meter (m): A meter is the SI unit of length and is defined by taking the fixed value of the speed of light in a vacuum. It is expressed as m.s-1.
- Unit of mass, kilogram (kg): Kilogram is the SI unit of mass and is defined by taking the fixed value of the Planck constant. It is expressed as kg.m2.s-1.
- Unit of time, second (s): Second is the SI unit of time and is defined by taking the fixed value of Cesium frequency. It is expressed as s1.
- Unit of electric current, ampere (A): Ampere is the SI unit of electric current and is defined by taking the fixed value of the elementary charge.
- Unit of thermodynamic temperature, Kelvin (K): Kelvin is the SI unit of thermodynamic temperature and is defined by taking the fixed value of Boltzmann constant k = 1.380649×10-23.
- Unit of the amount of substance, mole (mol): Mole is the SI unit of the amount of substance and is defined by the fixed value of Avogadro constant NA. One mole contains 6.02214076×1023 elementary entities and is expressed as mol-1.
- Unit of luminous intensity, candela (cd): Candela is the SI unit of luminous intensity and is defined by the fixed value of the luminous efficacy.
Download the SI Units List PDF using the link given below.