Download Nirmaya Health Insurance Scheme PDF for free from vssdngo.org using the direct download link given below.
Nirmaya Health Insurance Scheme
In order to enable and empower persons with disability to live as independently and as fully as possible, health services and their access to persons with disabilities assume a very significant role. In this context, the health insurance facility becomes important but presently such products are not easily available for persons with disabilities. In such a situation, a health insurance scheme “Niramaya” is conceived with the following objectives.
- To provide affordable Health Insurance to persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation & Multiple Disabilities.
- To encourage health services seeking behaviour among persons with disability.
- To improve the general health condition & quality of life of persons with disability.
- The entire scheme will be implemented through an Insurance company & monitored by
the National Trust.
Scheme & its coverage
The scheme envisages delivering comprehensive cover which will —
- Have a single premium across age band.
- Provide same coverage irrespective of the type of disability covered under the National Trust Act.
- Insurance cover upto Rs.1.0 lakh per covered beneficiary.
- All persons with developmental disabilities covered under National Trust Act, will be eligible and those enrolling with National Trust would be included and there will be no ‘selection’.
- The scheme will be available in the entire country except in Jammu & Kashmir.
- The scheme further envisages that there shall be
- No exclusion of Pre-existing condition
- Same cover as that for other persons
- Services ranging from regular Medical Check-up to Hospitalization, Therapy to Corrective Surgery, Transportation.
- Conditions requiring repetitive medical intervention as an in-patient.
- Pre & Post hospitalization expenses, subject to limits.
- No pre-insurance medical tests.
- Reimbursement of claims in case of OPD services from any Qualified Medical
- Practitioner and for IPD treatment can be taken from a Hospital anywhere in the country
Enrollment of Beneficiaries, through registered organizations)
Any eligible person can apply for enrollment under the Scheme through the nearest organization registered with the National Trust or to any other agencies specially entrusted in this regard by the National Trust. Registered organizations with National Trust should send Enrollment Form/Applications under Niramaya through online using our MIS (www.niramayascheme.com). On successful enrollment and approval, the same would be covered in the Insurance Policy. The online applications received between 1st September to 28th February would be covered from
April month and applications received between 1st March to 31st August would be covered from October month.
You can download the Nirmaya Health Insurance Scheme in PDF format using the link given below.PDF's Related to Nirmaya Health Insurance Scheme