NDMA Guidelines PDF read online or download for free from the www.ndma.gov.in link given at the bottom of this article.
The Act calls for the establishment of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA), with the Prime Minister of India as chairperson. The NDMA may have no more than nine members including a Vice-Chairperson. The tenure of the members of the NDMA shall be five years.
India is identified as one of the six major disaster-prone countries in the world.
AT NDMA Official Site:–
- Guidelines for Preparation of Action Plan – Prevention and Management of Heat-Wave
- Guidelines on Management of School Safety:
- Guidelines on Management of Hospital Safety
- Guidelines on Minimum Standards for Shelter, Food, Water, Sanitation, Medical Cover in Relief Camps
- Guidelines on Management of Earthquakes
- Guidelines on Management of Tsunamis
- Guidelines on Management of Cyclones
- Guidelines on Management of Flood
- Guidelines on Management of Urban Flooding
- Guidelines On Drought Management
- Guidelines On Landslide and snow avalanches
- Guidelines for Nuclear attack disaster.
- Guidelines on Chemical Disaster (Industrial)
- Guidelines for Chemical(Terrorism) Disaster )
- Guidelines on Medical Preparedness and Mass Casualty Management
- Guidelines for Biological Disaster
- Guidelines for Psycho-Social Support
- Guidelines on Formulation of State DM Plans
- Guidelines for Incident Response System
- Guidelines for National Disaster Management Information and Communication System
- Guidelines for Scaling, Type of Equipment and Training of Fire Services
- Guidelines for Seismic Retrofitting of Deficient Buildings and Structures.
- Guidelines on temporary shelters for disaster-affected families
- Guidelines on disability-inclusive disaster risk reduction