Download MOHFW – Guide to Address Stigma Associated with COVID-19 PDF for free from mohfw.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
MOHFW – Guide to Address Stigma Associated with COVID-19
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has released Guide to Address Stigma Associated with COVID-19 to avoid misleading information related to coronavirus. Government urged people not to follow or forward any non authentic information.
Effects of Stigma and Discrimination
- People concealing symptoms
- Hesitancy in seeking medical care
- People not adhering to interventions like home quarantine
- Increased sense of emotional isolation, feeling of guilt and anxiety
- Lack of self-esteem and confidence
- Ostracisation of healthcare workers and others involved in COVID-19 management
- Worsening of pre-existing psychiatric illness such as depression
Tips to reduce stigma related to COVID-19
- Be appreciative and supportive of efforts made by front line workers
- Verify the information from a reliable source such as Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s website, before sharing or forwarding the same
- Share positive stories of those who have recovered from COVID-19
Download MOHFW – Guide to Address Stigma Associated with COVID-19 in pdf format or read online by clicking link given below.