FSSAI Fruits and Vegetables Safety Guidelines
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has established guidelines and regulations to ensure the safety and quality of fruits and vegetables consumed by the public. These guidelines aim to prevent contamination, ensure proper handling and storage, and promote the overall safety of fresh produce.
The FSSAI’s fruits and vegetables safety guidelines aim to ensure that consumers have access to safe and nutritious produce. These guidelines promote best practices in cultivation, handling, and distribution, thereby reducing the risk of contamination and promoting consumer well-being.
FSSAI standards for fruits and vegetable products
Steps to Safe & Healthy Fruits & Vegetables
• Wash your hands before and after coming in contact with fruits, vegetables, and other packed items.
• Wash or scrub all fruits, vegetables, and packed food under running water before eating, cutting or cooking.
• Fruits and vegetables labeled “prewashed do not need to be washed again at home.
•Refrigerate cut, peeled or cooked fruits and vegetables as soon as possible or within 2 hours.
• Use a refrigerator thermometer to make sure the temperature stays at 40°F or below.
• Store fruits and vegetables away from and not next to or below raw meat, poultry, and seafood. These items can drip juices that may have germs.
• Use a separate cutting board for fruits and vegetables that is never used for cutting or preparing raw meats, poultry, or seafood.
Wash cutting boards countertops and utensils with hot, soapy water before and after preparing fruits and vegetables.
For more details visit the official website of FSSAI.
Download the FSSAI Fruits and Vegetables Safety Guidelines in PDF format online from the link given below.