Download Antibiotics List PDF for free from universityhealthsystem.com using the direct download link given below.
Antibiotics are specific for the type of bacteria being treated and, in general, cannot be interchanged from one infection to another. When antibiotics are used correctly, they are usually safe with few side effects.
However, as with most drugs, antibiotics can lead to side effects that may range from being a nuisance to serious or life-threatening. In infants and the elderly, in patients with kidney or liver disease, in pregnant or breastfeeding women, and in many other patient groups antibiotic doses may need to be adjusted based upon the specific characteristics of the patient, like kidney or liver function, weight, or age.
Top 10 List of Common Infections Treated with Antibiotics
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
- Otitis Media (Ear Infection)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD’s)
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Streptococcal Pharyngitis (Strep Throat)
- Traveler’s diarrhea
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Top 10 List of Generic Antibiotics
- Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim
- Amoxicillin and clavulanate
Top 10 List of Brand Name Antibiotics
- Flagyl, Flagyl ER
- Bactrim, Bactrim DS
Top 10 List of Antibiotic Classes (Types of Antibiotics)
Download the Antibiotics List in PDF format using the link given below.