Advocate Protection Bill 2021 PDF Download in for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Advocate Protection Bill 2021
The Bar Council of India has announced that its 7-Member Committee constituted to draft the Advocates Protection Bill has furnished its report and the Council has decided to circulate it to all the Bars of the country.
The Bar Council of India would like to announce that pursuant to the decision of the Bar Council of India on 10.06.2021 whereby a 7-Member Committee was constituted to draft the Advocates Protection Bill,
The Committee has furnished its report to the Council and the Council had decided for its circulation to all the Bar Councils, High Court Bar Associations, and Supreme Court Bar Association and also to all other Bars of the country. All the stakeholders have been requested to peruse the draft and provide their inputs if any, section-wise, within a week i.e. by/on/before 9th July 2021 on the Email ID firstname.lastname@example.org.”
Bar Council, Committee include the Seven Members
- Mr. S. Prabakaran, Senior Advocate, Vice-Chairman, Bar Council of India
- Mr. Debi Prasad Dhal, Senior Advocate, Co-Chairman, Bar Council of India
- Mr. Suresh Chandra Shrimali, Co-Chairman, Bar Council of India
- Mr. Shailendra Dubey, Member, Bar Council of India and Press Council of India
- Mr. Prashant Kumar Singh, Chairman, Co-ordination Committee of State Bar Councils
- Mr. A. Rami Reddy, Executive Vice-Chairman, Bar Council of India Trust; and
- Mr. Shreenath Tripathi, Chairman, Legal Aid Committee.
According to the Council, the Advocates Protection Act will ensure adequate protection to members of the legal fraternity so that they can carry on their duties as officers of the court, fearlessly without having to worry about their and their family’s safety.
There is a provision in the draft that any advocate who is under threat of violence shall be entitled to police protection for a duration which the Court deems fit, upon making an application before the High Court of the State within which he is registered to practice law.
For more details download the Advocate Protection Bill 2021 PDF using the link given below.