Kedar Brata Katha PDF Download in Odia for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
Kedar Brata Katha Odia
Kedar Gauri Vrat (Kedar Brata Kahta PDF) is mainly celebrated in South India. This fast is dedicated to Lord Shiva.Kedar Gauri Vrat is a religious ritual which lasts for 21 days. This fast begins on the Ashtami Tithi of Shukla Paksha in the Tamil month of Purtata Si and ends on the day of Deepawali i.e. Amavasya.All the devotees especially fast on the last day of this fast i.e. Amavasya.
Kedar Gauri Vrat has been described as very important in our scriptures. By observing Kedar Gauri fast, all the wishes and desires of a person are fulfilled. According to the beliefs, the deities also observed Kedar Gauri fast to fulfill their wishes.Kedar gauri temple is situated in Oldtown, Bhubaneswar. Bhubaneswar is known as the temple city of odisha. When lord shiva and Mata parvati marred through love they were called kedar gauri by the universe.
Kedar Gauri Worship Method
- Ardhanarishwar form of Lord Shiva is worshiped on the day of Kedar Gauri Vrat.
- On this day the devotees fast for the whole day according to their ability or this fast can be done even after giving fruits at one time.
- Kedar Gauri Vrat should always be done with a pure heart. Any person who observes this fast should call a priest and feed him.
- The worship of Kedar Gauri Vrat continues for 21 consecutive days. All the devotees worship it regularly by setting the Kalash at the holy place.
- The Kalash is covered with a silk cloth. On top of which a heap of rice is placed.
- 21 threads are tied around the Kalash. 21 priests are invited in Kedar Gauri Vrat.
- The Kalash installed in this worship is considered to be a reflection of Lord Kedareshwar.
- The Kalash is worshiped by offering kumkum, sandalwood, akshat, musk, frankincense, tambool, flowers and incense.
- After this the mantras of Lord Shiva are chanted. In Kedar Gauri Vrat, Bholenath is offered special bhog of 21 types of food along with Shriphal.
- After the worship is over, Prasad is distributed among the devotees and the poor.
Kedar Gauri Fasting Story | Kedar Brata Katha
According to mythological beliefs, this fast was done by Goddess Parvati. Once a devotee of Mother Parvati left her devotion and started worshiping Lord Shiva. Due to which Mother Parvati got very angry. Mother Parvati did penance to sage Gautam to become a part of Shiva’s body. Then Sage Gautam asked Mata Parvati to observe Kedar Gauri fast for 21 consecutive days with full devotion.
Mata Parvati followed the Kedargauri fast for 21 days according to the rules of Gautam Rishi. Pleased with which Lord Shiva gave the left part of his body to Mother Parvati. Since then this form of his came to be known as Ardhanarishvara. Since then Kedar Gauri Vrat is celebrated on this day. Mother Parvati herself had kept this fast to please Lord Shiva.
Kedar Brata Katha PDF
You can download the Kedar Brata Katha PDF using the link given below.