Download ICMR Covid-19 Testing Advisory & Guidelines PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
ICMR Covid-19 Testing Advisory & Guidelines
An unprecedented upsurge of COVID-19 cases and deaths is currently being witnessed across India. The overall nationwide test positivity rate is above 20%. Testing-tracking-tracing, isolation, and home-based treatment of positive patients is the key measure to curb transmission of SARS-CoV-2, the causative agent of COVID-19.
Recommended measures to optimize RTPCR testing
- RTPCR test must not be repeated in any individual who has tested positive once either by RAT or RTPCR.
- No testing is required for COVID-19 recovered individuals at the time of hospital discharge in accordance with policy (https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/ReviseddischargePolicyforCOVID19.pdf). of MOH&FWthe discharge
- The need for RTPCR tests in healthy individuals undertaking inter-state domestic travel may be completely removed to reduce the load on laboratories.
- Non-essential travel and interstate travel of symptomatic individuals (COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms) should be essentially avoided reducing the risk of infection.
- All asymptomatic individuals undertaking essential travel must follow COVID-appropriate behavior.
- Mobile testing laboratories are now available on the GeM portal. States are encouraged to augment RTPCR testing through mobile systems.
Download the ICMR Covid-19 Testing Advisory & Guidelines in PDF format using the link given below.