Download ARHC Operational Guidelines PDF for free from pmay-urban.gov.in using the direct download link given below.
ARHC Operational Guidelines
Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) here shall mean a listed project with a mix of at-least 40
Dwelling Units (DUs) and Dormitories along with basic civic infrastructure facilities such as water, sanitation,
sewerage/ septage, road, electricity along with necessary social/commercial infrastructure for urban migrant/poor
of EWS/LIG categories.
DUs will comprise of single bedroom up to 30 sqm/ double bedroom up to 60 sqm with living area, kitchen, toilet and bathroom, and Dormitory Bed of up to 10 sqm carpet areas each. Initial rent of ARHCs will be fixed by Local Authority/ Entities based on a local survey of the surrounding area, wherein the project is situated and shall be operated for a minimum period of 25 years.
- ARHCs will be implemented in all Statutory Towns as per Census 2011 and Towns notified subsequently, Notified Planning Areas and areas of Development/ Special Area Development/ Industrial Development Authorities. States/UTs may consider any project as ARHCs in any other areas after due notification.
- Projects under ARHCs will be applicable for consideration and funding till PMAY (U) Mission period i.e. March 2022.
- Projects approved during the Mission period will continue for another 18 months to enable fund release and completion of projects.
- Beneficiaries for ARHCs will be from Economically Weaker Section (EWS)/ Low Income Group (LIG) who are urban migrants/poor. They include labour, urban poor (street vendors, rickshaw pullers, other service providers etc.), industrial workers, and migrants working with market/trade associations, educational / health institutions, hospitality sector, long term tourists/visitors, students or any other persons of such category.
- Government-funded houses constructed under JnNURM and RAY for slum dwellers are on ownership basis; however, some of them are lying still vacant and unutilized. To make them livable for rental purposes for migrants/poor, further repair/retrofitting along with necessary civic infrastructure facilities may be required.
- Concessionaire will Repair/Retrofit, Develop, Operate and Transfer (RDOT) ARHCs to ULBs after completion of contract period.
For more details download the ARHC Operational Guidelines in PDF format using the link given below or alternative link.