Download KVS Admission Guidelines 2020-2021 PDF for free from kvsangathan.nic.in using the direct download link given below.
KVS Admission Guidelines 2020-2021
Unless the context suggests otherwise, the definition of the following terms used in these guidelines would be as below: –
- CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES: An employee who is regular (i.e. an employee working on that post sanctioned by the Government in substantive capacity) and draws his emoluments from the Consolidated Fund of India.
- TRANSFERABLE: An employee who has been transferred at least once in the preceding 7 years shall be deemed to be transferable.
- TRANSFER: An employee would be treated as transferred only if he/she has been transferred by the competent authority from one place/urban agglomeration to another place/urban agglomeration which is at a distance of at least 20 Kms. and the minimum period of stay at a place should be six months.
- AUTONOMOUS BODIES / PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS: Organizations which are fully financed by the government or where the government share is more than 51 percent would be deemed to be autonomous
bodies/ public sector undertakings.
- SINGLE GIRL CHILD: Single Girl Child means the only child i.e. only girl child to the parents, with no other siblings.
ELIGIBLE AGE FOR ADMISSION
- A Child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
- The minimum and maximum age limit for admission in Kendriya Vidyalayas in various classes are given below: (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
|CLASS||MINIMUM AGE ON 31st MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT||MAXIMUM AGE ON 31st MARCH OF THE YEAR IN WHICH ADMISSION IS SOUGHT|
|I||5 years||7 years|
|II||6 years||8 years|
|III||7 years||9 years|
|IV||8 years||10 years|
|V||9 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
- There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI provided the student is seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination. Similarly, there will be no upper & lower age limit for admission to class XII provided there has been no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
Download the KVS Admission Guidelines 2020-2021 in PDF format from the official website link given below or alternative link.