Download JNU e-Prospectus 2020-21 PDF for free from jnu.ac.in using the direct download link given below.
JNU e-Prospectus 2020-21
The Jawaharlal Nehru University constituted under the Jawaharlal Nehru University Act 1966, (53 of 1966) came into existence in 1969.
Its objectives, as defined in the First Schedule of the Act, are as follows:
“The University shall endeavour to promote the principles for which Jawaharlal Nehru worked during his life-time, national integration,
social justice, secularism, democratic way of life, international understanding and scientific approach to the problems of society.Towards this end, the University shall:
- Foster the composite culture of India and establish such departments or institutions as may be required for the study and development of the languages, arts and culture of India;
- Take special measures to facilitate students and teachers from all over India to join the University and participate in its academic programmes;
- Promote in the students and teachers an awareness and understanding of the social needs of the country and prepare them for fulfilling such needs;
- Make special provision for integrated courses in humanities, science and technology in the educational programmes of the University;
- Take appropriate measures for promoting inter-disciplinary studies in the University;
- Establish such departments or institutions as may be necessary for the study of languages, literature and life of foreign countries with a view to inculcating in the students a world perspective and international understanding;
- Provide facilities for students and teachers from other countries to participate in the academic programmes and life of the University.
In order, however, to facilitate students coming from varying backgrounds with the medium of instruction other than English at their Bachelor’s//Master’s level, the University has in-built facilities for remedial courses in the English Language in order to enable them to strengthen their foundation in English as well as to cope up with their academic and research programmes adequately.
The University includes the following Schools of inter-disciplinary research and teaching besides some Special Centres of Study:
(i) School of International Studies
(ii) School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies
(iii) School of Social Sciences
(iv) School of Arts and Aesthetics
(v) School of Life Sciences
(vi) School of Environmental Sciences
(vii) School of Computer and Systems Sciences
(viii) School of Physical Sciences
(ix) School of Computational and Integrative Sciences
(x) School of Biotechnology
(xi) School of Sanskrit and Indic Studies
(xii) School of Engineering
(xiii) ABV School of Management and Entrepreneurship
(xiv) Special Centre for E-Learning
(xv) Special Centre for Molecular Medicine
(xvi) Special Centre for the Study of Law and Governance
(xvii) Special Centre for Nano Sciences
(xviii) Special Centre for Disaster Research
(xix) Special Centre for the Study of North East India
(xx) Special Centre for National Security Studies
In matters relating to enrolment, steps have been taken to ensure that students from all parts of the country are able to join the University so that it becomes a national University in the true sense of the word.
Download the JNU e-Prospectus 2020-21 in PDF format online from the link given below or read online.